Looking for work

New conditions about looking for work

When Universal Credit is introduced, if you’re out of work or in work but on a low income, you’ll have to sign a new claimant commitment. This will set out a number of work-related requirements you’ll have to meet before you can get your benefit.

If you’re already working, you’ll have to agree to look for a job with more pay or more hours to increase your income.

If you have a partner, the new requirements will apply to them too and you'll both have to sign a claimant commitment.

The claimant commitment will also apply to you if you're getting Jobseeker's Allowance, Income Support or Employment and Support Allowance before your claim is transferred to UC.

When will the changes happen?

See Also